Life Defined

Monday, April 23, 2012

Character Interview and Guest Post

G'Evening, Universe:

Well, my friends - this is it. Almost. Either tonight or early tomorrow, my fantasy novel - Empyreal Fate - will be released as an ebook (followed by print next month) through Hydra Publications. I cannot believe the time is nearly upon us; it is breathtakingly surreal. Though - I shan't quite believe it until I'm holding the print version in my grasp, you know? It will be a feeling unlike any other, I'd imagine. And I cannot wait to be a part of that glorious sensation! Anyway, I'll post a blog specifically with links to the novel when it is officially released. For now, I have a couple of interviews that I have had the honor to be a part of today, and I would like to share them with you now:


First of all, R.S. Hunter featured my guest post on his blog, which I titled, "Symbolism, Fate, Fantasy, (And Yes, Star Wars, Too)". I find the psyche to be one of the most fascinating forces in the universe, and I think incorporated symbols represent a window into the conscience of the reader and the writer - whether the symbols are intentional or not. Perhaps the meaning is slight or abstract; perhaps the meaning is the opposite of what was intended: it doesn't matter. Rather, it is how the author portrays a symbol  - and more importantly - how the reader interprets it. Meanings will differ from person to person. That is individuality; that is beauty.

 
 Yeah, yeah, yeah... This is probably what most of you are thinking. ;)


Second on the list for today is my character interview, which was hosted by Dianne Gardner: Introducing Amarya. It is the first sneak peek into the eyes of one of Empyreal Fate's main characters: the elven royalblood of Androth, Amarya. She speaks about the tension between man and elf, delving into the concerns of the land (Llathala) and her strange connection with the mortal, Darrion. But I won't spoil the rest for you. Visit the link and let me know what you think!


Well, that is all for this evening. But the next time I post, Empyreal Fate will be a reality  we all can share.

Fare thee well! Until next time~

Rachel


"To me, the greatest pleasure of writing is not what it's about, but the inner music the words make."
-Truman Capote

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative